Our members enjoy access to many resources.
- Marketing vehicles to reach targeted customers.
- Education resources to help sustain and grow healthy companies.
- Advocacy on issues important to Kent businesses.
- Networking opportunities to get to know other business people and do business together.
Newsletters, frequent email updates, business correspondence, website.
We field thousands of calls every year and refer Chamber members.
If we don’t have the answer, we’ll find it! Visitor info, relocation packets, business information, local events.
Chamber members have unique opportunities to promote their businesses through distribution of brochures/coupons/ promotional items at the Fairground kiosk, in Welcome kits for new residents, Right Start bags for Whiteman AFB, etc. Each Chamber member is featured in the Buyers’/Relocation Guide, as well as on the Chamber website.
Business Connection Breakfasts, Business Before/After Hours, Ribbon Cutting Ceremonies, as well as other Chamber events and special projects allow for opportunities to network with fellow Chamber members.
Each member is listed on the Chamber website. PLUS-Digital Images of the Chamber logo for use on your web site.
Looking towards the future, your Chamber sees leadership as an important piece for progress. Programs are in place to build stronger, more informed leaders to meet the future needs of our community.
Your Chamber is a voice involved in community events and active in business development issues.
Members have multiple dynamic networking committees opportunities.
- The Ambassadors are an exclusive group of business professionals that work to shape the future of the Chamber and serves as an advocate for the organization. Together, Ambassadors learn the internal workings of the Chamber and work to increase member involvement, retention and recruitment.
- From networking with other business people to fine-tuning marketing that reaches targeted customer segments, the Business Services and Events committee works to open up educational resources that help business owners and managers grow healthy companies and a stronger community.
- The East Hill Partnership was formed to work on promoting and addressing issues on the East Hill and seeks to work to better promote and market the East Hill businesses and area. The committee also has a strong community focus. Their mission statement is – To facilitate the revitalization and unity of the diverse community within the East Hill.
- The Education committee strives to stimulate investment of the business community for education both for the Kent youth through K-12 education and in the community college and technical professional training by linking and identifying advanced education opportunities in the business sector.
- The Government Affairs committee develops the Chamber’s legislative agenda for issues addressed at the State Legislature. The committee is comprised of small business, corporate members and municipal leaders from Kent and around the region. The committee evaluates local, regional and state issues that affect the business climate and quality of life (including initiatives and referenda). After extensive evaluation on issues the committee makes recommendations to the Board of Directors regarding the Chamber’s position on issues.
- The Kent Community Marketing Campaign, in partnership with the City of Kent, Kent Reporter, Kent Station and Kent Downtown Partnership, works to promote awareness and provides tools to drive revenue to our stores, restaurants and businesses in Kent. In 2010 we launched the shop local campaign “Find it in Kent” and have continued to provide unique experiences to engage the community in shopping locally.
- The Membership committee tracks membership trends and develops marketing promotions to increase membership sales and retention.
- The Kent Community Foundation is a community leader funding important local educational and cultural arts projects. As an affiliate of the Chamber, the foundation is a cornerstone of the larger Kent community.
For additional information please call (253) 854-1770 or email us online.